Often when I encourage a sub to follow my Twitter they express their desire to see the photos I post there and read my updates, but that their general awkwardness with modern technology makes it difficult to learn how to access it.
So to help you technophobic old men learn how to use this new-fangled Twitter thing I’ve defined some important Twitter terms and made some easy to follow instructions:
Tweet: A “Tweet” is a 140 character (a character is a letter, number, symbol or a space) message. It may include text, links or photos.
Follow: When you follow a persons Twitter account you will get all of their tweets on your timeline.
Timeline: When you are signed into your Twitter account and looking at Twitter.com on your computer or your Twitter app on your phone you will see your timeline. This is a chronological real-time list of the newest tweets from the people you follow on Twitter.
1. Open Twitter.com in your browser on your computer.
2. Where it says “New to Twitter? Sign Up” you can enter your sign up information. First put in your name. Pick a sub name, something anonymous. Do not use your real name! Then enter in the email address you want associated with this Twitter account. If you need to create a new email address just for this purpose. Make it something sub or fetish related. Finally choose a secure, easy to remember password.
3. Click “Sign up for Twitter.” Then you will be taken to a new page. Notice that your name, email address and password are already filled in Below that you can choose a username. Pick something sub or fetish related. This Twitter account only will be used to follow me and view my tweets so make sure to name it appropriately!
4. Uncheck the boxes that say “Keep me signed-in on this computer” and “Tailor Twitter based on my recent website visits.”
5. Click “Create my account”
6. When the next page loads click the “Next.” in the left hand upper corner. When that page loads you can add me as the one person you follow. It says “Build your timeline” and below that you can search for my username “@DommeKyaa” and then click “Follow” next to my name. Now it seems like it wants you to follow 4 more people, but you do not have to do that.
7. Now go to Twitter.com again and instead of a sign up page you will see your Twitter timeline.
At this point you are done with the bare minimum! Just bookmark Twitter.com and whenever you want to view my tweets go there and sign in.
For those of you with modern phones you can go to your app store, search “twitter” and download the app to your phone. Then sign in and you will get my tweets on your phone each day!
So, class… Any more questions on how to use Twitter?